Ten pairs of tickets are up for grabs in a free prize draw to hear two of Britain’s most exciting nature, travel and landscape writers at Newcastle’s Books on Tyne festival.
Northumberland National Park and The Sill: National Landscape Discovery Centre are proud to be supporting this year’s Books on Tyne – Newcastle Book Festival. We have ten pairs of tickets available for the festival’s “Exploring nature, exploring landscape” day at City Library, Newcastle, on Thursday 26th November:
Walking with Giants, writing ancient landscapes is the theme of the talk by author and landscape-lover, Max Adams. Max Adams combines a career as landscape archaeologist with a love of adventure, finding that walking the ancient landscapes of Britain allows him to peer inside the obscure minds of Dark Age peoples. Here he talks of his new books and his love of the landscapes of the North East. Max will be appearing at City Library, Newcastle from 1pm-2.15pm on Thursday 26th November, and we have five pairs of tickets to give away.
Common Ground is the title of the talk by award-winning writer Rob Cowen. Rob has authored regular columns on nature and travel for national newspapers. Described by the Guardian as “one of the UK’s most exciting nature writers”, he received the Roger Deakin Award for his first book Skimming Stones and Other Ways of Being in the Wild (2012). Rob has also just been nominated for this year’s prestigious Portico Award, which celebrates the strong regional and literary identity of the North of England. Rob will be appearing at City Library, Newcastle from 2.30pm on Thursday 26th November, and we have five pairs of tickets to give away.
How to enter: E-mail entries: please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with Prize Draw “Max”or Prize Draw “Rob” (as applicable) in the subject line. Postal entries: please send your entry to Prize Draw “Max” or Prize Draw “Rob” (as applicable), Northumberland National Park Authority, Eastburn, South Park, Hexham, Northumberland NE46 1BS. All entries: please enclose your name, an address for us to post you your tickets, and a phone number/e-mail address. You can also enter by following the links provided on Northumberland National Park’s Facebook page and website. Please make sure that we receive your entry by 9am on Monday 23rd November 2015. T&Cs apply.
Northumberland National Park and The Sill: National Landscape Discovery Centre are supporting the Books on Tyne – Newcastle Book Festival as part of The Sill’s arts programme. The Books on Tyne festival runs from 23rd to 29th November – more details of all the events taking place this year can be found at www.booksontyne.co.uk
Prize draw – Terms and conditions
- This competition is run by Northumberland National Park Authority.
- You must be 18 years or over to enter.
- All entries will be entered into the competition and the winners will be selected at random.
- Each winner will receive a pair of tickets to see either Max Adam or Rob Cowen at City Library, Newcastle, on Thursday 26th November 2015 as part of the Books on Tyne festival.
- Tickets will be posted out to the winners’ address.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash and there are no alternative dates or times available
- Northumberland National Park Authority’s decision is final.
- The opening date for entry is 9am on Monday 9th November and the closing date for entry is 9am on Monday 23rd November 2015.
- No purchase is necessary.
- [for Facebook entries]: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.