This weekend there is a massive two-day festival uniting Newcastle and Sunderland through music and fighting poverty.
This amazing event will showcase the very best of local musical talent on Saturday 4th October in Sunderland and across the Newcastle Ouseburn on Sunday 5th October.
Oxjam Music Festival takes place every October. It’s made up of hundreds of events happening all around the UK, all organised by amazing volunteers.
Meet the team!
This year, the Oxjam Newcastle Sunderland Takeover is run by 3 volunteers, all passionate about music and fighting poverty!
Eve McMann – Takeover Manager
Stephen Farrell – Production
Katie Fas – Marketing/Publicity
What have we done so far?
• Held our fantastic launch Party at the Cluny 2, Newcastle, featuring Bernaccia, Coquin Miguel, Fractions and Euan Lynn.
• Put together a signed music merchandise tombola at Split Festival, Sunderland.
• Held a ‘Skinnypigs’ exercise fundraiser.
• Threw a brilliant 3-day event at Bar Loco, Newcastle.
• Featured The Agency, Good Friend, Gingersnap and Greg Genre at our second fundraising gig at the Cluny 2.
What do we want to do and why?
We aim to raise as much money as we can for Oxfam, whilst giving local artists the opportunity to show what a fantastic and diverse music scene we have in the North East.