Trinity Barristers Chambers and the North East Trading Standards Association (NETSA) will be delivering an all day Trading Standards conference at Bede’s World on Wednesday 1st October 2014.
The highly practical event includes several guest speakers and specialist Trading Standards barristers from Trinity Chambers. The session is aimed at a wide range of delegates, including Trading Standards Officers and other regulatory enforcement officers, Legal teams and Police.
The Trinity barristers will cover: –
- Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act update
- Practical implications of Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) in Trading Standards investigations
- Unfair Trading Regulations update
- Swearing out of Warrants by the Police & Local Authorities
- Practical tips and guidance on Disclosure
- Covert Human Intelligent Sources (CHIS), Test Purchasing and Surveillance Commissioners
Guest speakers include experienced Intellectual Property solicitor Niall Head Rapson of McDaniel & Co. who will explore civil law remedies in trading standards related cases. In addition, Dorothy Allan, handwriting expert from Keith Borer Consultants will examine the evidential issues in relation to ledgers and numeric recordings.
Registration is at 9.30am for a 10.00am start. This event is accredited with 5 hours Solicitors Regulation Authority CPD.
Please note some sat navs have problems recognising the post code of Bede’s World. Therefore we recommend you visit this website when planning your journey to assist with directions: