Newcastle to Brazil 2014 Campaign
The North East HUB are very pleased to announce we will be both sponsoring and supporting two volunteers Craig Robson, 23 and and Michael Gardner, 21, both from Newcastle, who are fundraising to spend one year in Curitiba, Brazil during 2014. They will be representing the Raw Foundation which is the charitable trust of the Lionsraw foundation (Charity Number 1124963).
Lionsraw is a unique charity that mobilizes passionate football fans with the aim of engaging with disadvantaged young people and creating a lasting legacy. They will be working in schools and the poor communities surrounding Curitiba to provide sporting opportunities and English lessons to disadvantaged young people. Primarily this work will look to engage people in activity during a World Cup year instead of missing out. The social benefits include keeping young people engaged in an activity as they attend school for half a day or in some cases not at all, but also preventing young people getting involved with drugs or crime which can are prevalent in the poorer communities.
In 2013 they have some personal challenges arranged to help raise funds. These include completing the Ben Nevis trek, the Great North Run, hosting ‘Brazil Days’ in schools within the region and organising a corporate football tournament. They are also planning to hold smaller events such as a raffle and bag packs to secure much-needed funds.
They will be also be planning projects for a group of 300 volunteers to arrive for two weeks during the World Cup.
However they would love for companies to sponsor them and represent the region on a global scale.
For £100 a company will receive:
- their logo on banners which will be used for all fundraising and during delivery in Brazil.
- their logo on a hoarding will be used for interviews that will be posted on our social media sites.
- each company will get an newsletter update from us on our progress.
- each company will get a personal message of thanks for their donation.
- they would be willing to be involved in any press releases stating how you have helped them.
Here is a breakdown of what every donation to support disadvantaged young people in the schools or poor communities will contribute towards:
- £2.50 will provide ONE HOUR of sport or English lessons.
- £18.50 will provide a full DAY of sport or English lessons.
- £92.50 will provide a WEEK of sport or English lessons.
- Telling friends or family about the project…NOTHING!
The work the charity has previously done in South Africa and Poland received media coverage so it will provide opportunities for your company to be seen or recognized.